Breaking News

Lt Governor pays obeisance at Raghunath Temple

Jammu, January 17 | Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu on Friday paid obeisance at historical Shri Raghunathji Temple situated in the heart of Jammu City.

There is a strong emotional chord attached between the people of Temple City and this heritage site and it is a ‘Must Visit Place’ for all the tourists and devotees visiting Jammu City. Taking this fact into account, the visit of Lt Governor to the historic Shri Raghunathji Temple has got a special relevance and has sent a positive vibe among the masses especially those Jammuites living in the vicinity of the walled city.

On the occasion, Vikramaditya Singh, Trustee J&K Dharmarth Trust gave a warm welcome to the Lt Governor by presenting him a bouquet. The Lt Governor was also extended warm welcome amidst chanting of Vedic Mantras by the Priests of Shri Raghunathji Mandir. Divisional Commissioner Sanjeev Verma also accompanied the Lt Governor.

Lt Governor also performed Aarti at the historical Raghunath Temple wherein the Head Priest Raghunath Temple briefed him about the history of historical Raghunath Temple, which was established by Maharaja Gulab Singh. LG Murmu also performed Pooja at Natraj Temple and Naramdeshwar Temple situated in the premises of Shri Raghunathji Temple.

The Lt Governor also took a round of the temple premises and appreciated the efforts of Dharmarth Trust for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the temple premises. He also appreciated the arrangements made by the temple management for providing all sorts of facilities to the visiting pilgrims.

It is pertinent to mention here that Raghunath Temple is a well-known holy shrine located in Jammu. Raghunath Mandir is one of the largest temple complexes of the Northern part of India. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rama, who is believed to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. In 1835, the construction of this temple was started by the founder of Jammu & Kashmir, Maharaja Gulab Singh. After the death of Gulab Singh, it was completed by his son, Maharaja Ranbir Singh in 1860.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*